Aid for Hurricane Michael Recovery
Hurricane Michael devastated much of Florida, and recovery efforts continue more than a year later. Volunteer Florida Foundation recently announced that it is granting $2.79 million to 10 separate organizations that continue to participate in the ongoing recovery efforts. If you are one of the many people whose home or other property was damaged by Hurricane Michael, reach out to an experienced Panama City insurance claims attorney today.
The Grant Recipients
The ten grant recipients include:
- Federal Alliance for Safe Home – This group will receive $645,000 to work with the United Methodist Church – Alabama/West Florida Conference – in their efforts to help rebuild homes that were damaged by Hurricane Michael.
- Gulf Specimen Marine Laboratories – This group will receive $485,000 to help it continue in its efforts to house aquatic life and to host marine-related educational programs.
- Bay District Schools – This school district was awarded $440,000 to purchase computers and other necessary supplies and to hire liaisons who coordinate volunteer mentoring efforts.
- Habitat for Humanity of Bay County – This group was awarded $350,000 to help it continue its work repairing homes damaged in the storm.
- Rebuild Bay County – Rebuild Bay County will be receiving $245,000 to aid its efforts to return survivors of the hurricane to their homes.
- Doorways of Northwest Florida – This group was granted $200,000 to help it continue providing basic services and nutritious meals to families with ongoing needs related to Hurricane Michael’s devastation.
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace – This organization was granted $120,000 to help it purchase supplies and provide more than 700 additional beds for children throughout Bay County who remain in need after the storm.
- North Florida Inland Long-Term Recovery – This group is slated to receive $110,000 that it will use to hire both project coordinators and volunteer coordinators in their efforts to help support survivors.
- BRACE – BRACE will receive $100,000 to continue its coaching, mentoring, and training to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of groups that focus on survivors’ long-term recovery.
- Feeding the Gulf Coast – Feeding the Gulf Coast is set to receive $95,000, which will allow it to provide up to 583,000 additional meals to those families suffering from food insecurities as a result of the hurricane.
These grants stand as testimony to the immense devastation of Hurricane Michael and the ongoing need for significant recovery efforts.
Consult with An Experienced Panama City Insurance Claims Attorney Today
If Hurricane Michael left your home, business, or property damaged, getting you and your family’s lives back to normal is exceedingly difficult. You are not, however, alone – the dedicated Panama City insurance claims attorneys at Ged Lawyers, LLP, are on your side and are committed to aggressively advocating for the financial disaster-relief to which you are entitled. Our experienced legal team has the skill, fortitude, and resources to help, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 850-684-4000 for more information today.