How Can an Attorney Help You After a Disaster?
If your home has been damaged in a disaster, such as one of the many tropical storms and hurricanes we endure in the State of Florida, you may think the best path forward is to simply file your claim with your homeowners’ insurance company and allow them to do their job. If you have sustained fairly serious damage, however, the insurance company may be motivated to minimize your settlement offer in order to make the matter go away before the full extent of your damages has even been accounted for.
In fact, insurance companies have many techniques for reducing, delaying, and outright denying claims, and it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced Panama City insurance claim liability attorney before you make important decisions about your claim – important decisions that can have a lasting impact on you and your family’s lives.
Insurance Claim Liability Is Highly Specific
If you have a homeowners’ insurance claim, the attendant law that protects you is highly specific to insurance claim liability, and it’s critical that you work with a legal team that has extensive experience and a stellar record of success. When your home is damaged by a disaster, the structural damage alone can be immense. Further, each component of your damage can require expert attention in the form of:
- Construction law experts
- General contracting experts
- Specialized structural engineering experts
- Electrical and corrosion construction law experts
- Plumbing experts
- Estimators and adjusters
The fact is that you’ll need a full array of experts with highly specific knowledge to obtain a complete picture of the damage your home has suffered and the best means of repairing this damage. In other words, you need to work with a prominent legal group that focuses on disaster relief, and that has experts in place to back up their work.
Your Legal Provider
If your home has been damaged in a disaster, you need specialized legal assistance that will help you assess all of the following:
- Carefully reviewing your homeowners’ policy to ensure that it is compliance with Florida’s laws and statutes and to determine if broader coverage is available for you
- Ensuring that your insurance company is following through with its financial obligations to you in accordance with the requirements outlined in your insurance policy
- Taking on document rewrites and contract reviews – to help ensure that your policy’s cost, protections, and performance are all that they should be
- Providing you with solid legal opinions related to your losses and your options to repair and/or replace
- Providing accurate and precise documentation of your losses via photographs, videos, and written efforts in support of your claim
- Filing a lawsuit if the insurance company fails to provide you with the coverage and compensation to which you are entitled
Has Your Home Been Damaged in a Disaster? Contact a Panama City Insurance Claim Liability Attorney
If your home has been damaged in a disaster, you may be at a loss regarding where to turn for help. The dedicated insurance claim liability attorneys at Ged Lawyers, LLP – proudly serving the Panama City area – are on your side and are committed to ascertaining your damages in full and aggressively advocating for a settlement that adequately addresses those damages. We’re here to help, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 850-684-4000 today.