Strong and Heavy Wind Damage
A serious storm can bring about extremely strong and heavy winds that cause considerable damage to your home and other property, and this is especially true in the State of Florida. If your home has suffered damage, you’re likely relying upon your homeowner’s insurance policy to cover your losses, but insurance providers sometimes have tricks up their sleeves that make obtaining an adequate settlement much more difficult than it should be. If your home has been damaged by strong, heavy winds, you need an experienced Panama City insurance claim liability lawyer on your side.
Damage from High Winds
If your home has been damaged by high winds, you may experience:
- Ripped, torn, loosened, or otherwise damaged shingles on your roof
- Further roof damage, such as holes in the roof itself
- Discoloration, watermarks, and other cosmetic damage to your home’s exterior
- Damage to siding and other exteriors
- Loosened or otherwise damaged window and/or door trim
- Exposed insulation
- Damage to HVAC systems, skylights, and pipes
While such damage is likely covered by your homeowner’s policy, some insurance companies are not above employing unscrupulous tactics to minimize settlement amounts, to delay payment, or to deny claims outright. Working closely with an experienced insurance claim liability attorney will help ensure that you obtain the settlement amount to which you are entitled and that covers the damages you’ve suffered in their entirety. You carry homeowners insurance for a specific reason – while you hope to never need it, you want coverage when you do need it.
Difficulties that May Arise
If you have a wind damage claim, it can be helpful to understand a few of the techniques that some insurance companies employ as roadblocks to making adequate settlements:
- Claiming that the damage was caused by your lack of maintenance rather than by the storm’s high winds
- Claiming that the damage to your property was preexisting
- Assessing the most obvious, cosmetic damage while ignoring the deeper structural damage
- Rushing assessments and making incomplete estimates of the total damage
- Disagreeing about the cost associated with necessary repairs and replacements
- Unnecessarily delaying the claim’s resolution
- Underpaying in general
If your home has been damaged by high, dangerous winds, you need help now. The longer it takes to get the necessary repairs, the more serious the associated damage can become. Don’t settle for less than an amount that covers the full extent of the damages your property has suffered.
If Your Home Has Been Damaged by High Winds, Consult with an Experienced Panama City Insurance Claim Liability Lawyer Today
If high winds have left your home damaged, you are naturally relying upon your homeowner’s coverage to protect your property by paying out on the necessary repairs. The experienced insurance claim liability attorneys at Ged Lawyers, LLP – proudly serving the Panama City area – are committed to helping you obtain a settlement that covers the full extent of your property damage. Our dedicated legal team is prepared to aggressively advocate for the settlement amount to which you are entitled, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us for more information at 561-562-4170 today.